With the recent downturn in the economy we’ve noticed more people eager to join the AGBU LinkedIn Group to help them find jobs or just meet other people in their field. The most common question we hear is “How do I use LinkedIn? I don’t get it.” Well, that’s a good question but there’s no one answer since everyone uses social media and online tools differently.
But to help you explain the ways to use LinkedIn, here is a great new blog post via the LinkedIn Blog which suggests some tips on how to optimize your LinkedIn experience and get the most out of the AGBU group:
If you are an active or passive job seeker, there is no better way to cut through the clutter and get yourself noticed than LinkedIn. Nowadays, most recruiters and companies are increasingly using sites like LinkedIn to identify talent.
AGBU has also begun posting available jobs on LinkedIn and this week alone we posted a listing for three positions in Pasadena, CA.
And some profile specific advice from the writer:
1. Make your LinkedIn profile 100% complete
2. Use a profile picture that you use on multiple sites
3. Use the “Specialties” box to fill in keywords
4. Update your LinkedIn “Status” regularly
5. Make changes to your profile after every job change or promotion
6. Include your web site and blog links
7. Do not block incoming emails
8. Increase your number of trusted connections!
Read the whole post (which has some very useful links) and don’t forget to make sure that you and everyone you know joins the AGBU group on LinkedIn.