Location: Glendale, CA
Responsible To: Program Manager (PM)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides a safe, supportive, and nourishing environment for all youth.
- Identifies issues where youth need assistance and connects them to the appropriate services/service providers in the community to meet identified needs.
- Provides youth with support in the following areas; employment and volunteering opportunities; educational goals; mental health and rehabilitation services; college, transitional preparation; visitation with school staff and personnel with parents on behalf of student; conflict resolution.
- Provides each match with goal-oriented case plans and follows up with mentee to ensure that markers are reached and keeps track of each mentee’s/match’s progress through the use of an electronic database and paper files.
- Works closely with mentor and GNMP staff as part of a team to provide support throughout the duration of the match relationship.
- Provides support on youth projects and helps to run youth committees and groups.
- Responsible for identifying matches that may require termination and re-matching.
- Responsible for bringing all important mentoring issues to the attention of the PM.
- Performs direct outreach to youth at Glendale Unified School District schools (also possibly other schools as directed by the PM).
- Participates in GNMP’s mentor recruitment plan and conducts outreach in the community as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Fluent in Armenian
- Experienced in working with at-risk youth in a professional setting for a minimum of 2 years
- College degree required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should contact Saro Ayvazians at saro [at] agbugennext.org
For more information about AGBU Generation Next Mentorship Program, please visit www.agbugennext.org.